Health insurance covers health care or sickness insurance, according to the coverage provided in the policy. In practical terms, they are an alternative to long waiting lines in the public emergency services and the difficulty in obtaining a medical specialty in the short term. They are also an important support in case of illness, because the insurer guarantees the payment of the medical expenses incurred.
With health insurance you can access more complete medical care
There are various modalities for this type of insurance, as well as various insurers with various health insurance plans. Therefore, the ideal is to know well about the guarantees, coverage and percentages of reimbursement of health expenses in the product you want to choose, according to your main needs. Think about your medical history: is it usually followed only by a doctor who does not have an agreement with the insurer or goes to the doctor who might, and therefore, can benefit more from the insurance? Your health history is the best insurance indicator you need. The best option for you and your family is to buy health insurance that covers even the important situations.
In general terms, it is advisable to choose a policy with a minimum capital of 25 thousand euros of hospitalization. Make sure you check the grace periods, ie the time interval in which you can not operate the insurance until the coverages are active, and check the conditions under which you can use the insurance. As with all insurance, read the contract very well before deciding and also read the settlement books.
The economic slowdown also hit health insurance. According to the latest statistical data for February 2010, there was a reduction in overall demand for health insurance by 20.7 percent compared to the same period of 2009, when 1,189 contracts were booked. A year later, 943 were registered.
- Health care;
- Hospitalization (excluding deliveries);
- Second medical opinion;
- Consultations of stomatology and dental treatments;
- Prostheses and orthoses;
- Serious diseases;
- Exclusion of grace period.
- Network of clinics and hospitals associated with your health insurance;
- System for reimbursement of medical expenses;
- Discount on the inclusion of your household in insurance.
In general, insurance will be cheaper if you opt for an annual payment. The cost of the premium will depend on the number of persons covered by the policy, as well as the guarantees included.
There are three types of health insurance:
- Refund insurance – You have the option of choosing the doctors, clinics and hospitals where to carry out your treatments and can still get between 80 to 90 percent of the money spent;
- Assistance insurance – Beneficial for those who live near clinics and hospitals with health insurance agreements. In this way, the beneficiary pays only part of the expenditure;
- Mixed – You can also opt for a mixed insurance in which you deduct the expenses spent on health care and you can also take advantage of the medical services that your insurance offers you.